Mission Ireland supports the worship and organisation of local churches and circuits.
There are over 250 Methodist church premises in Ireland, yet we are one church. Our ‘connectedness’ has always been referred to as ‘the Connexion’. Our founding fathers were said to be preachers ‘in connexion with Mr Wesley’. As a result, our churches have always been linked together in prayer and mutual support, enabling the strong to help the weak, and governed by the Methodist Conference where every Circuit is represented.
What does Mission Ireland do?
" The object of the Home Mission Department is to be a vehicle through which the Methodist Church in Ireland helps Districts, circuits and local congregations to glorify God through worship and witness." ( Manual of Laws)
We do this through:
- Circuit consultations
- Training and development for congregations
- Helping to establish Church Priorities
- Promoting Fresh Expressions of Church
- Working in partnership with other churches in mission
- Supporting and developing University Chaplaincy provision - find out more
- Exploring and promoting changes to our structures
- Providing grants for mission projects and for circuits which require support
- Providing grants and loans to support ministry
- Recommending and monitoring regulations regarding manses
- Liaising and using income from properties rented to others.
Home Mission provides resources to Inspire Movement Ireland to provide training sessions. To find out more about Inspire trining in 2015/2016 click here.
To find information on local Methodist Churches in Ireland visit our Find a Church section.
Download our Autumn 2015 leaflet - Choosing Faithfulness, Warm Hearts, Tough Hands, Wet Feet
Rev. Dr. Heather Morris
Mr. Doug Edmondson
(Ms. Rhoda Nixon): Home Mission Department, Mayo House, 61 Rathdown Park, Terenure, Dublin 6W
Phone Number 01 5580978 or if ringing from NI(003531) 5580978