The Inspire Movement is working in partnership with the Methodist Church in Ireland's Home Mission Department to deliver discipleship training in 7 venues around Ireland this year.
Inspire training is open to anyone; of all denominations and none. As well as the training outlined below, Inspire offers an extensive pattern of training that Inspire Missioners can deliver locally and regionally. Check the website for details: inspiremovement.org
For 2017, Phil & Samantha Meadows will be back in Ireland once a month between January and June delivering Inspire Retreats and Inspire Learning Communities.
in Mitchelstown (click here for flyer)
focusing on Mission-Shaped Practices: Listening to God; Fasting; Faith Sharing; Being Spiritual Guides with afternoon sessions on the Practice of Fellowship Bands.
in Ballylooby, Dublin, Belfast, Ballynahinch, Lurgan, and Enniskillen (click here for flyer)
What is an Inspire Learning Community?
A group of 6-12 people, lay or ordained, who gather to support one another by:
- Exploring the Inspire vision for mission-shaped discipleship and disciple-making leadership
- Building one another up in personal discipleship as spiritual leaders and disciple-makers
- Sharing wisdom about the challenges of discipleship and/or leadership in our churches
What happens when we gather?
Each community will have the following simple ingredients:
- Eating, worshipping and praying together as essential community practices
- Teaching and conversation on mission-shaped discipleship and/or leadership
- Sharing in fellowship band for mutual support in life and ministry
What difference will they make?
There are two kinds of learning community meeting in Ireland. Exploring Discipleship Communities on the Wesleyan DNA of mission-shaped discipleship. Missional Leadership Communities will equip you with the knowledge and skills necessary for leading disciple-making churches.
What are the practicalities of getting involved?
The Learning Communities in Ireland are meeting once a month from January to June. Participants are expected to commit to all the meetings. The Learning Communities led by Phil and Samantha are full for Jan-Jun 2017. If you are interested in forming or joining a Learning Community please contact Inspire so we can make plans for the next season: firstname.lastname@example.org