The Communications Committee attempts to encourage better communication between the Methodist Church in Ireland and the wider world, as well as within our own organisation. We meet twice a year with working groups gathering as required. Some of things on our horizon in the coming year include creating a team of press liaison officers across the eight districts in Ireland, a seminar on preparing reflections for use on radio or the internet, and developing guidelines for individuals, local churches and wider bodies in the effective and safe use of online social networks.
We are responsible for this website and connected e-mail system: if you have a query about IrishMethodist.org please contact the Acting Website Manager, Michael Sloan.
If you need to contact our Press Officer, theRev. Roy Cooper, call +44 (0)28 91810492.
For any other questions regarding communications in the Methodist Church in Ireland please get in touch with the convener of the Committee, the Tom Millar, MBE, call +44 7711 928786
- Church Web Sites (pdf) - Why have a website for your local church? And how should we start thinking about setting it up?
- Using Wordpress to set up a Church Web Site (pdf) - One route for a simple, effective website on a minimal budget is to use a basic 'content management system' such as Wordpress. This document includes links to YouTube tutorials.
- Press Releases/Dealing with the Media (pdf) - Helping local congregations to 'hit the headlines'.
- Guide to Data Protection (pdf) - If your church holds personal information about people on a computer, you need to think about data protection implications.
- Social media - coming soon
- Podcasting - coming soon
- Developing a communications strategy - coming soon